1. The renter will return the vehicle together with all tires, tools, car documents, accessories, and equipment to the Europcar station in the city where the vehicle was rented or as otherwise specified upon demand of lease.
2. The renter acknowledges that the received vehicle is in good order and condition, and they will be held liable for the cost of all fuel consumption during the rental period.
3. The renter promises not to drive the vehicle in the following conditions:
a) To transport goods in violation to customs or in any other illegal manner.
b) To carry passengers or goods for a consideration express of implied.
c) To propel or tow any vehicle or trailer without the consent of the leaser.
d) To engage in any motor events (including racing, peacemaking, rallying, reliability trials, and speed testing.)
e) To drive or let anyone else drive the car under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
f) To allow other parties to drive the vehicle - any person other than the renter, the renter's employer or employee, the driver designated by the renter and approved by the leaser, or the motor vehicle repair personnel in case of an accident.
Note that all mentioned valid users must be at least 21 years old.
4. The renter is personally liable to pay the leaser on demand:
a) Submitting fines and court fees for illegal parking, speeding, driving without a license, etc.
b) Paying expenses in cases where the car is left in any place other than the company's office. The fee will be determined on the spot according to where the vehicle was left.
c) Fulfilling all fees prescribed by law for the rental agreement.
d) Paying all court and attorney fees in the case of rent that is collected through the court system.
e) Offering all expenses and repair costs of any damages caused, in cases where the vehicle was not being operated in accordance with the above mentioned terms & conditions.
f) Paying for the issuance of a new certificate in case the initial rental certificate was not returned.
g) Taking responsibility only for the fee that is designated upon signing the rental contract, in case of collision or physical damages that are repairable.
h) Fulfilling the fees agreed upon for the lease; and in case of theft or irreparable damage to the vehicle, the renter must pay 15% of the value based on its price on the day of purchase.
5. In case of an accident, the renter agrees to protect the interests of the leaser as well as the leaser's insurance company by gathering the names and addresses of all parties involved as well as any witnesses to the event.
6. a) The renter must not abandon the vehicle without adequate measures taken to safeguard and secure the vehicle.
b) In case of loss or damage to any of the vehicle's property and related belongings, the renter shall return the vehicle to the leaser, and shall be held responsible to bear the expenses that result from such a case.
7. The renter should notify the leaser immediately in the case of the slightest damage.
8. In the event of a breach of any mentioned conditions, the leaser may repossess the car without police intervention, and the renter will be held responsible for the fees involved in such repossession.
9. The renter undertakes to only use the vehicle within Lebanese territories, doing otherwise would result in legal prosecution.
10. a) The renter shall be held responsible for all terms and conditions related to extending the rental term, which should be in writing; otherwise the renter will be considered as holding the vehicle without any legitimate justification and will be taken as an act of bad faith. The renter is then liable for a penalty of USD 200 for each day that the vehicle is overdue for return. The judge dealing with matters of urgency in Metn shall be the competent authority to settle this case.
b) Any addiction or alteration to these terms and conditions shall be null and void unless agreed upon in writing by both parties involved.
c) In case of the renter cheating or manipulating information in this transaction with the leaser (such as with the vehicle’s mileage meter), the leaser shall have the right to claim indemnity.
11. The leaser has the right to cancel the contract at any time without any reason required.
12. The renter agrees to pay all amounts in the contract under applying section 658 of the Lebanese Penalty Law.
13. This agreement is governed and constructed in accordance with the laws of the Lebanese Government, after the approval of both parties to provide the authority to the Metn court.
14. The renter acknowledges that they have read and agreed on the terms and conditions of this contract without any reservation thereafter whatsoever.